Pork Carnitas

[Public]

Moderator: Midge

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Pork Carnitas

Post by DN in MN »

I am not familiar with authentic pork carnitas.  I say that because we found them to be amazing but someone else may not, lol.  If you are familiar...let me know if the ingredients are right as I would love to know :) 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree ... as-5365857

Now, I made just a couple of changes.  First, I used a crock pot and cooked the pork for 6 hours on high.  Then, I also added the juice of one lemon and one lime, tsp sugar, 1/4 c water plus the other ingredients listed.  I did this to add a bit more acid and fluid since not using a pressure cooker.  

I also purchased queso and the peach salsa to save some time in the kitchen.  
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Re: Pork Carnitas

Post by blbabe1234 »

Mmmm.....love me some carnitas!

You're ingredients are all there. We also add smoked paprika to give the pork a smoky flavor. I either do mine in the slow cooker or in the oven (temp is set at 325 for 3 hours for about 3 lbs.)

Our little secret? We add beer to it to bring out some of the flavors.

Now on to another subject? You bought your queso? WHAT?!?! J/K --- here we tend to make our own stuff - queso, guacamole, pica de gallo, enchilada sauce, verde sauce, etc....... If you ever need recipies, just holler!

So...when is dinner going to be ready?!! 😋
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Post by DN in MN »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 am
Mmmm.....love me some carnitas!

You're ingredients are all there. We also add smoked paprika to give the pork a smoky flavor. I either do mine in the slow cooker or in the oven (temp is set at 325 for 3 hours for about 3 lbs.)

Our little secret? We add beer to it to bring out some of the flavors.

Now on to another subject? You bought your queso? WHAT?!?! J/K --- here we tend to make our own stuff - queso, guacamole, pica de gallo, enchilada sauce, verde sauce, etc....... If you ever need recipies, just holler!

So...when is dinner going to be ready?!! 😋
Awesome to here and I will have to try the paprika and beer!! I've got some leftovers if you want me ship it down, lol!  I usually make all of my own sauces and such too but lately, I do one big thing and buy some of of the other stuff to make the process easier on me.. I should have made the queso as I know it would have been better... the salsa on the other hand was amazing. 

2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Post by blbabe1234 »

I hear ya! It does take time. We usually make our own tortilla chips when DH makes his famous guacamole. Its fine when its just us. But this weekend, I'll have my scrappy girls over and that is alot of chips to make. So I'm cheating and going to our HEB tomorrow and buying their tortilla chips. They make their own tortillas out of them and sell them in the bakery.

The one thing we are starting to buy pre-made is the pica de gallo. Our store makes it amazing and they've got like 4 heat levels too. Perfect for anybody!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage

Return to “Share a Recipe”