Healthy snack - Rosemary Walnuts

[Public]

Moderator: Midge

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Healthy snack - Rosemary Walnuts

Post by Art_Teacher »

This is one of the recipes I made a couple days ago...so easy and a great, heart-healthy snack!

2 cups walnut halves or pieces (I just like the halves, because there is less tiny crumbs. lol)
1 TBSP. olive oil (or cooking spray)
1 tsp. dried (crushed or minced) rosemary  (the mincing or crushing releases the oils and flavor)
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (you could probably also use black pepper, if you want less heat, but they aren't that spicy)
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Toss walnuts in olive oil, or spray them over with cooking spray and toss.  Then, toss them in the spices and spread them out on a single layer on a sheet pan. (I use parchment paper, for easier clean-up.) Toast in the oven for 10 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy a handful each day!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Re: Healthy snack - Rosemary Walnuts

Post by CarrieG »

ooo this sounds yummy!!!!!!!!!!  i LOVE walnuts but living in pecan land...they are spendy...and i have gobs of pecans....and i mean gobs...so maybe i will try this with those
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 pm
ooo this sounds yummy!!!!!!!!!!  i LOVE walnuts but living in pecan land...they are spendy...and i have gobs of pecans....and i mean gobs...so maybe i will try this with those
I'm sure it would be just as good! ;)  I got a huge bag of walnuts at Sam's Club for $12.  It was probably 10 cups. I think that is pretty good, cost-wise.

Laura
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2441

Post by emmapaige »

Yummmm....that sounds yummy.  I need to try this.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Post by blbabe1234 »

I am all over this recipe! DH LOVES rosemary and we both love walnuts! I know what I'm doing next week!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 pm
I'm sure it would be just as good! ;)  I got a huge bag of walnuts at Sam's Club for $12.  It was probably 10 cups. I think that is pretty good, cost-wise.

that is a great price!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Oh, that sounds so good!  Walnuts are probably my favorite nut.  Sadly, they are also one of my migraine triggers.  😭  So, none for me.  But, to everyone else that tries this -- enjoy the yummies!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Laura wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:24 pm
Oh, that sounds so good!  Walnuts are probably my favorite nut.  Sadly, they are also one of my migraine triggers.  😭  So, none for me.  But, to everyone else that tries this -- enjoy the yummies!

So, do other nuts trigger them, too? Carrie said something about having a bunch of pecans and I think it would taste good with them, too.
Laura
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 445

Post by DN in MN »

I am not supposed to eat nuts but those sound awesome... just may try it :)
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

I bought some rosemary Marconi almonds From Trader Joe’s at Cmas time. Of course, they were seasonal and I couldn’t find them again. But hubs bought a big jar of Marconi and I can make my own with rosemary from my garden. So yummy.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

Mmmmm This sounds so good! I can't wait to make it!
Thanks for sharing!
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1362

Post by VickiR »

Love this snack!  We buy our walnuts in bulk at the local Amish market for $5 a pound.  A lot better pricing than the grocery store.  I do like pecans made this way also!

Return to “Share a Recipe”