Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Re: Did anyone see the lights??

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:25 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:24 pm
These are all amazing photos! How wonderful that so many people all over have been able to see the lights. This is one of my "bucket list" things to do. Here in NYC we have too much light pollution to see anything :( 

Road trip?
Also being NYers, nobody in my family has a driver's license LOL! It would be just as easy for us to go to Iceland to see them than upstate, hahaha! (kidding, sort of...)
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

GinniG wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:26 pm
😭😭😭😭 NO FAIR!!! Lol! I live in Alaska and we couldn’t see them. There are mountains in the way… Normally the skies here are too cloudy to see anything but it was clear last night.

Love love love all your pictures!!!

Awww, Ginni!  Sorry, but I am glad we could share?  
hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 596

Post by hsblair »

Oh wow!  It was rainy here last night in MD/DC area so too cloudy to see anything.  I hope we can see it tonight!
Image Image Image Image
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 709

Post by SandyK1967 »

Mommytron wrote:
SandyK1967 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:49 pm
Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:40 am

Wow! How cool is that!  Such a vivid purple!  Try again tonight, I didn’t see anything with my naked eye either, but it lit up with the camera.  Good luck!!  

Yes! I'm gonna try again tonight at home! What time do you think cause the news isn't really saying!? 
I actually downloaded an app too my phone.  Search “Aurora” in your App Store. 

Thanks Sandy, I just downloaded it!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Re: Did anyone see the lights? (Tips)

Post by SandyJay »

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:34 am
wazzu94 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:32 am

We looked tonight in Oregon and I didn't see anything.  How late in the evening when you saw this?  Going to try again on Saturday!

Your pictures are GORGEOUS!!

You can’t really see them with a naked eye too well.  I was alerted to use my phone camera on night setting.  All I did was put mu phone up to the sky and it did it all for me!  It takes 3 seconds for a photo and that’s what I saw.  It should be good tonight, depending on your cloud cover.   
LOL!  after I replied to your post one of my neighbors texted in our neighborhood group chat a picture and I got dressed and went outside (even though I had just been out there) and a group of neighbors were on the street and as I walked towards them I said "I don't understand how you can see this and I can't"....LOL  then they all explained you can only see it in pictures.   My mind was blown.  So wild!!

Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:29 pm
GinniG wrote:
😭😭😭😭 NO FAIR!!! Lol! I live in Alaska and we couldn’t see them. There are mountains in the way… Normally the skies here are too cloudy to see anything but it was clear last night.

Awww, Ginni!  Sorry, but I am glad we could share?   
Yes Sandy!  I'm glad you could share too!  Seems that half the neighborhood saw them.  I was looking in the wrong direction.  UGH!  :)  Tonight Steve and I are  going to try to find them. 

Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 130

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

GinniG wrote:

Ginny, I wondered if you'd have a good view of them being in Alaska.  That's too bad that you couldn't see them.  At least we have cherry friends who are good at taking pictures and sharing.   😁

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Post by blbabe1234 »

Absolutely beautiful! TFS these amazing photos. I live WWWWWAAAAYYYYYY too south to even see a glimpse of anything this beautiful.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

OH! I LOVE THIS!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Birgit55 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:21 am
GinniG wrote:

Ginny, I wondered if you'd have a good view of them being in Alaska.  That's too bad that you couldn't see them.  At least we have cherry friends who are good at taking pictures and sharing.   😁

Yes!  Apparently none of my friends or neighbors here on the island bothered to let me know they were out last night too.  Even my Aurora Borealis Notification app didn't give me any indication.  Now it's raining and cloudy and they probably really won't be visible here.  :( :( :(  I'm grateful to all those who have shared pictures from far and wide!!!
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

My DH and DD are true Northern Light chases and were out again last night(Saturday)  with another impressive showing here in Montana.  

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:21 pm
My DH and DD are true Northern Light chases and were out again last night(Saturday)  with another impressive showing here in Montana.  

ImageImage
WOW!  amazing.  Thank you for sharing!  Such beautiful colors.  It makes me feel so small, lol.  I feel like that when I swim or used to scuba dive in the ocean.  

Return to “General Talk”