OLD Members :)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

OLD Members :)

Post by suslvgeo »

and NO I do not mean that in the case of age.

Edited to add, just post on which thread YOU feel you are. :-D A new born cherry or a geezer. pahahaha snort!!

I just realized that I have a new cherry questionairre and thought it would be fun to have the same one but for us geezers. Anyone that wants to play, just might get sprinkled....you know what I am saying, right? :-D

How did you find ACOT??

What technique would you like to learn?

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?

Are you into digital or paper layouts?

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

Do you have your own scrap room?

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?

What gives you the creeps?

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
SUS ImageImageImage
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Re: OLD Members :)

Post by writerlady »

I guess I'm OLD.

How did you find ACOT?? From Megamay... for a crop

What technique would you like to learn? I would like to learn something new digitally - I think actions.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? One or two

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Both! Mostly digital right now - cause I don't have scrapping room

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Mom at 70 - but the gallery isn't working, so I can load it.

Do you have your own scrap room? NO or not yet

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? YUP - LOVE ACOT crops! no in real life crops yet

What gives you the creeps? spiders, snakes, and seeing eyes out a window at night when it's dark and rainy

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? mostly a night-owl - I sure scrap better at night

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? hahaha - brewed tea (mixture of black, white and green with honey and a little milk)
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

How did you find ACOT?
googled for stickers in 2003

I know too many already, lol. maybe custom shadowing

one

started paper but now I am digi

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
back to school

the office

yes, yes and yes

loose teeth

more of an early-afternoonie

Bellini
Image Image
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

How did you find ACOT?? did a search for scrapbooking supplies.

What technique would you like to learn? right now - coloring and shading stamps or collage style scrapping.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 2 or 3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper all the way!!!!!!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? HA - HA!!!!! Really? I would like to work on the classes offered at the last CROP - who knows?

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes - it's a great place to store all my supplies - scrap? not so much.

only the ones at ACOT
What gives you the creeps? bugs! and heights

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? That would be rum and diet pepsi.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

Any room for us "tweenagers?"

I don't feel like a newbie, but I am not close to 2000 posts yet.

How did you find ACOT?? Friends from a private board guided me. They were all having fun at the crop last fall, so I started lurking I have been pretty active since last spring.

What technique would you like to learn? not really a technique, but how to make better use of overlays.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Usually just one. I get teased at crops because of it.

Are you into digital or paper layouts?[highlight=#ffff80] I am a glue sniffer[/highlight]

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I scrap mostly my kids

Do you have your own scrap room? nope. I am a kitchen table scrapper. supplies are strewn all over the house.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, both! :-)

What gives you the creeps? Creepy stinky people with greasy hair

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Blended strawberry margarita.
Image Image
RACHEL
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

Well I'm definitely a geezer over here. haha!!

How did you find ACOT?? I actually don't remember. I think I just did a scrapbook site search and this came up. Was so long ago now, I don't quite remember the exacts of it all.

What technique would you like to learn? I would love to learn more about altering photos in photoshop. Like how to add neat effects to it and stuff. I know a bit, but would love to know more!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Hmm, this is really scattered I think. I'm gonna guess that about 3 would be the most often used though.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Mostly digital, but once and awhile I'll et the urge to cut some paper! haha!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I completed a digi swap most recently as well as some pages about a rock concert I went to in June.

Do you have your own scrap room? No. I wish. The paper stuff I have has no home, just sits in a closet or against a wall. haha.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Online for sure, a few of them right here at ACOT, but none in person. Closest thing I had was a Stampin' Up party.

What gives you the creeps? Centipedes. Ugh. I hate them and I freak out when I see them!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night Owl all the way. I hate having to wake up early!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? It changes yearly it seems. haha. This year it's Sangria. I loves it!!
Cherry Bing

Post by »

How did you find ACOT?? (a) through a friend.

What technique would you like to learn? (a) aryclic books.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? (a)1-3 per sheet even if Im doing a double layout

Are you into digital or paper layouts? (a) paper only

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? (western/ Halloween)

Do you have your own scrap room? ( yes, my kids are moving out 1 at a time- pretty soon I could have all the scrappy rooms I want)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? (a) both.

What gives you the creeps? (a) (any thing gory, watching majicians saw stuff in half)

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? (a) (used to be a night owl- now I like to an early bird)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? (a) (chrystal light or diet root beer)

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

How did you find ACOT?? Shopping for scrappy supplies

What technique would you like to learn? More with Glimmer Mist

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? A lot if it is a sports LO, and between 1-5 on the others

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I am very happy eating paste!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Both Lacrosse and Hockey LOs and finishing up my Vegas trip pages

Do you have your own scrap room? Part of my basement has been claimed for my obsession :-D

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Many online here at ACOT, and a few real life ones at Archiver's and one in Houston to meet some Cherries! :inlove:

What gives you the creeps? Spiders and the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? A night-owl who has had to finally become an early-bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? It's so hard to choose! I'll take a margarita, and some Sangria, a little Cabernet, and a Mojito please! :-D

Heidi1154
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 21

Post by Heidi1154 »

How did you find ACOT?? Stickers Galore

What technique would you like to learn? Glimmer Mist

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Three

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Last crop acrylic album. Just need to add pictures!

Do you have your own scrap room? YES!!!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes

What gives you the creeps? Anything that moves

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Early Bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Diet Dr Pepper

ImageImageImageImageImage

glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

How did you find ACOT?? During the sticker sneeze era, I ordered from SG.

What technique would you like to learn? Nothing really, I just NEED to use the ones I already know.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Probably 3 most of the time.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper, but if I had a clue where to start and the patience, I might could be tempted to try a hybrid or two.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? A layout of the boy and his fiancee at a waterfall.

Do you have your own scrap room? Kind of. It's a work in progress.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? only online

What gives you the creeps? spiders

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night-owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? OJ or water
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

How did you find ACOT?? Surfing the web--I think it originally caught my attention in one of those "50 top sites" things!

What technique would you like to learn? I am game to try anything once!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3 or 4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper

My son was the villian in a summer melodrama in the park
Yes and no--It is a seperate room, but it is shared with the family computer!!
Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Both

What gives you the creeps? Spiders and snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Raspberry lemonade or mango limeade
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

How did you find ACOT??
Internet.

hat technique would you like to learn? Painting, stamping.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? It depends. I like to stick with one.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper for now, but I want to learn digi.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? A camping LO.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, both.

What gives you the creeps? People lurking around in the dark.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Diet Coke.
Last edited by Grandma Flowers on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

I guess I'm a geezer too :winkb:

How did you find ACOT?? when searching online for a new scrappy store

What technique would you like to learn? painting

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I am straight paper :winkb:

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? just finished 2008 Easter

Do you have your own scrap room? no :(

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? you bet!
What gives you the creeps? snakes and mice

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? a great big Margarita!

Last edited by beachlover on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

How did you find ACOT?? someone on another scrapping board mentioned it and I came right over

What technique would you like to learn? I would like to learn how to use the glimmer mist

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1-3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? peper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? my wedding album

Do you have your own scrap room? yes I do

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? both

What gives you the creeps? reptiles

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Bacardi Razz
ImageImageImage
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

How did you find acot? I am not sure was searching for something an came across this website.

What technique would you like to learn? I would like to be able to use overlays better.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? one or two

Are you into paper or digital? paper

What page/theme are you working on now(or did you complete most recently? My vacation to Wisconsin.

Do you have your own scraproom? Yes

Have you ever been to a crop,either online or in real life? yes,both

What gives you the creeps? snakes

Are you a night owl or an early bird? early bird

What is your favorite its 5 o'clock somewhere beverage? pepsi
Last edited by scrapy1967 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage 

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Geez, by your definition, Sus, I am ancient! LOL!

How did you find ACOT??
I shopped at Stickers Galore when I first got into scrapbooking, after doing a web search for stickers. When I saw the info in the shoppe about the new message board they were starting, I thought I'd check it out and the rest, as they say, is history!
I want to learn to use GIMP, the free digi program, so I can teach my students.
If it is a paper layout, then I usually put at least 3 per page. If it is digi, 1 or 2 seem to be more common.
I love both! I am, and will always be, bi-scraptual!
I just finished another Paisley layout (my pooch) about when we came home from vacation.
Yes! I have a studio above the garage.
I have been to both, several times.
Spiders and cobwebs, snakes, dead animals of any kind, some horror movies...you know the kind that are too believably real.
I'm a middle of the day gal:winkb: I generally crash by midnight and I hate getting up before 8:00 a.m. (although when I am at school, I have to drag my butt out of bed by 6:15...which means I fall asleep in my recliner by 10:00 p.m.)
A nice glass of wine...white or red, as long as it isn't too dry.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Well hmmm..... I've answered this on May 5th so I only would change one thing.

I've used a transparency with great results so I would have to change my technique to learning more then what I know about stamping. I've taken one beginner class, but would love to take more!

......I'm hoping for a stamping class at the upcoming online crop!

I'm not a summer newbie to the board but I guess I'm a spring newbie to the board.

Oh, and it has been fun reading all of the answers to the questions as sus put it, us "geezers" Too funny!
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

How did you find ACOT?? I heard about an "Online Crop" and was sure it was insane but had to try it...I think the address popped up in discussion at another mb.

What technique would you like to learn? I'd really like to know how to get my LOs to "pop" more.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I put as many as I can fit that fit my theme. If I only have 1...that's all I use. But if I have 10, I try to get them all on!

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper definately. But I'm itching to try some digital soon.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Playing in the park...just finished 2 and still have one to do.

Do you have your own scrap room? Sorta. I have 1/3 of the basement dedicated to my crafty obsessions.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes. Lots of 'em!

What gives you the creeps? Dead things...like the dead Robin (sad, I know) in my flower bed. Ewwww

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Both. I'm a burn the candle on both ends kinda gal!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Hmmm...I have lots I like. But I think my favorite is cold Merlot.
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

Wow! I am considered an oldie here (I think just plain chatty, of course I am a half century old!).

How did you find ACOT??
I have been coming to the ACOT message board since the crop in November 2008. However, I've been visiting this site forever in the shopping section ever since it was Stickers Galore! I saw the online crop advertised somewhere online for November and it sounded interesting. I had so much fun that this quickly became the first site I check in the morning and the last one at night.

What technique would you like to learn? Can't think of any one thing. That is why I enjoy the challenges and the crops as I usually learn new techniques from them.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? It varies depending on how many pix I have of the event. Usually I like to do several pix per page.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Definitely paper. Although I have been known to type some of my journaling.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I have been working on ACOT challenges; but now that my mojo is returning there are so many projects I want to do-Halloween (especially with all the new product out there right now), an album about my doggie, a layout about my DS's first 100 mile bike ride, a fishing trip. So many projects, so little time!

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes, I am always in the process of re-organizing it though. But it is clean enough right now that I can work in it with no problem.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I have been to 2 online crops here and am looking forward to the one at the end of this month. I missed most of the early spring crop here because my darn computer was broke. I have been to tons of real life crops and scrapping retreats. My favorites were the overnighters; but haven't been to many lately. I prefer to crop at home now. I have a whole scrapbook dedicated to crops I've attended!

What gives you the creeps? Snakes, rats, mice, scary movies.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Definitely a night owl!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Anything that is a frozen tropical drink-Coco Locos, Strawberry Margaritas, Strawberry Daiquiris, Pina Coladas! Get that tiki bar open!
Last edited by jodcold on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

How did you find ACOT?? A customer at the photo lab I worked at told me about it.

What technique would you like to learn? How to extract a translucent object like lace.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Many, very rarely do I use just one.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Both, separate and together (hybrid)

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? An album from vacation for my mom.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes and Yes

What gives you the creeps? Small spaces, any bug crawling on me.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night-owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Any kind of sour martini.
Ronny

Return to “General Talk”