pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Re: Scrap a Day, May 11th

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:44 am
Happy Saturday,

Kind of dragging after being up watching the Northern lights and waiting for the family to get back after watching them out of town.
All is good, though!  Awesome light show!
The other DD in Seattle made it to London, England after an all night flight.  Working there this next week and her hubby was able to go with her.

Yesterday, I ended up watching the minion for the afternoon.  She has had a low grade temp all week.  Her folks have been taking turns missing work and staying home with her.  DD took her to the doc and low and behold she had a ruptured ear drum.  So, she needed somewhere to go for the afternoon, so her mum could do some catch up at work.  Oh, gosh.  She was pretty lethargic when she arrived and getting her to take her meds is next to impossible.  But she had some of her favs for lunch and perked right up.  Then it was all about arts and crafts.  She painted, glued butterflies, stamped and cut out butterflies.  Teaching her how to stamp.  She caught on right away.  Took all her art work home with her.  I was pooped out. Thought I might scrap after she left to go home.  Nope, got dinner and crashed on the couch.

Looking nice out and suppose to climb into the 70's.  Going to a garden nursery and take a class on filling a pot full of beautiful flowers.  Should be fun for DD and I.  And get to bring home some flowers for my deck.  Need to get outside and find a pot to fill.  

Not sure how much scrapping will get done.  Hopefully some!!

Have a good day, ladies.  
Awww glad she started to feel so much better having arts and crafts time with grandma. And I totally hear you on crashing afterwards lol. 

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3697

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 am
Dang it’s early. Woke up for some unknown reason at 5:00am and could not back to sleep. I see an afternoon nap in my future. My boys will b here about 6 to take me to dinner and I probably should not b yawning and nodding off. lol

Nothing much other than that today. Maybe another challenge.
Have a super Saturday.

Wow, that is early! Hope you got a nap in!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:44 am
Happy Saturday,

Kind of dragging after being up watching the Northern lights and waiting for the family to get back after watching them out of town.
All is good, though!  Awesome light show!
The other DD in Seattle made it to London, England after an all night flight.  Working there this next week and her hubby was able to go with her.

Yesterday, I ended up watching the minion for the afternoon.  She has had a low grade temp all week.  Her folks have been taking turns missing work and staying home with her.  DD took her to the doc and low and behold she had a ruptured ear drum.  So, she needed somewhere to go for the afternoon, so her mum could do some catch up at work.  Oh, gosh.  She was pretty lethargic when she arrived and getting her to take her meds is next to impossible.  But she had some of her favs for lunch and perked right up.  Then it was all about arts and crafts.  She painted, glued butterflies, stamped and cut out butterflies.  Teaching her how to stamp.  She caught on right away.  Took all her art work home with her.  I was pooped out. Thought I might scrap after she left to go home.  Nope, got dinner and crashed on the couch.

Looking nice out and suppose to climb into the 70's.  Going to a garden nursery and take a class on filling a pot full of beautiful flowers.  Should be fun for DD and I.  And get to bring home some flowers for my deck.  Need to get outside and find a pot to fill.  

Not sure how much scrapping will get done.  Hopefully some!!

Have a good day, ladies.  
Awe! Sorry to hear about sweet little Chevelle. Hope she feels better soon.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:52 am
Up at 6 and out by 7 this morning for DGS's lacrosse game.  Stopped for coffee and got there just as the game started.  Great game and Jack scored 4 goals today!  We are back home and DH is getting ready to mow.  I'll be in my craft space most of the day today. 

We were disappointed with the cloud cover last night and weren't able to see the aurora borealis.  Hoping for clear skies tonight!

Yay! Congrats to Jack!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:48 pm
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s gorgeous outside today. Our baby geese are already 4 days old. They’re so amazingly cute!!! Neither of us has been able to get a decent picture of them. Yoda and Mama are quite protective and we can’t get close enough. That actually a good thing!

Steve is doing better. He’s still running a low grade fever in the afternoon and evening. We spent the last 2 days at doctors offices. I’m so far behind on everything. Someday I’ll get caught up.

I was up earlier today too. I’m going to try to pop into a zoom crop and say hi. Hopefully I can find time to play today!
((HUGS)) Ginni. Glad Steve is doing better. Sorry he has a fever now.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hola cherries! Managed to sleep in this morning -- 8:15am! And to go to bed at 10:30pm, that is very late for me. But I guess I needed the rest. Tossed/turned quite a bit which is very odd for me. But I'm thinking it was the food from dinner last night. We had plans to go to our fave mexican restaurant but they were closed. We didn't want to go into town, and didn't want a burger or pizza or Chinese or BBQ. So we went further down and went to a new mexican restaurant that just opened up a few months ago. They were busy and packed. Ugh..never mind. Not the greatest. I mean, not the worst either..but we won't go there again. The salsa was weak. DH ordered fajitas and the onions were still raw. The rice and beans had no flavor...and they were dry too. At least my chicken enchiladas were decent. So yeah...eh. I didn't experience any issues with my stomach or anything...just the food sat on us.

Already did laundry and made a batch of eggs for the week. Vacuumed my office and cleaned up my desk a bit. A co-worker of DH's swung by to pick up our old but very gently used air fryer. She just got moved into an apt a few weeks ago and is "needing stuff". DH bought me a brand new one for my bday back in January, so our old one is just sitting on a shelf in the pantry. It's small but works great. We only spent $30 on it 9 years ago and I only used it to cook frozen french fries. So yeah, almost new. She's excited and I'm glad we could help.

The SWAP Box showed up yesterday so spent some time digging thru it. OMG....it was sooo packed. I took pics of what I took and will post later. I repacked it and took pics of what I put in there. Our PO closes at noon on Saturdays so I'll just go over there first thing Monday morning. But its ready!

I also opened up my NSD package that showed up Wednesday. Lots of school papers/embellies. :)

Managed to finish up the Progressive Challenge. I really love how this came out. Louise is sooo clever to come up with a challenge like this. So unique

I now need to clean up around here....between my NSD order and the SWAP BOX stuff, and then the items I left out for the Progressive challenge, etc....can't really see my table! 😂

Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am getting nowhere fast, today!  LOL  I have only managed to scrap one layout for the NSD scraplift the hostesses. I chose Kristin's "Wine on the Patio" layout to lift.  Thanks for the inspiration, Kristin!

My layout:

Kristin's layout:

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Sue2024
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by Sue2024 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Dang it’s early. Woke up for some unknown reason at 5:00am and could not back to sleep. I see an afternoon nap in my future. My boys will b here about 6 to take me to dinner and I probably should not b yawning and nodding off. lol

Have a super Saturday.
You weren’t the only one up early!  Husband woke me up at 1 am.  He’d gone back to bed after leg cramps.  I flopped back into bed at 5, napped an hour.  

Usual running around today, and I hope to do some scrapping tomorrow.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:18 pm
I am getting nowhere fast, today!  LOL  I have only managed to scrap one layout for the NSD scraplift the hostesses. I chose Kristin's "Wine on the Patio" layout to lift.  Thanks for the inspiration, Kristin!

My layout:

Kristin's layout:

This is perfect!!! What an amazing layout to inspire you! Totally love it!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Did this for Laura's Cartoon Character Challenge

I was inspired by the Looney Tunes image

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:57 pm

Love it!  I also love that you didn't need to tell me which cartoon you used...the inspiration is so evident!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VexedAngel
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by VexedAngel »

We went to my parents, ate lunch out at a winery they like, and visited three different cemeteries where we have family to decorate their headstones for Memorial Day...Took some pictures, one was next to an old church that was built on stacked rocks--just little pillars of rocks at each corner and in the middle. It was a nice day.

Ordered some photos the other day, they were shipped and hoping they arrive by Monday. They're fall pics--my fall stuff won't fit in its home anymore, so hoping to make a dent with three layouts' worth of goodies. Also, I got to use my pinkfresh washi and die and stamp set last night (first time I've used one like that) to make three mother's day cards, and had enough leftover I made a birthday card when we got back.
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:08 pm
GinniG wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:48 pm
Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s gorgeous outside today. Our baby geese are already 4 days old. They’re so amazingly cute!!! Neither of us has been able to get a decent picture of them. Yoda and Mama are quite protective and we can’t get close enough. That actually a good thing!

Steve is doing better. He’s still running a low grade fever in the afternoon and evening. We spent the last 2 days at doctors offices. I’m so far behind on everything. Someday I’ll get caught up.

I was up earlier today too. I’m going to try to pop into a zoom crop and say hi. Hopefully I can find time to play today!
((HUGS)) Ginni. Glad Steve is doing better. Sorry he has a fever now.

Thanks Brandy!  He's had one off and on but he's doing a LOT better today.  :) 
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!  What a fun layout!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:

My layout:

Kristin's layout:

Laura!  Your layout is FABULOUS!!!!!  So is Kristin's and you did a great job lifting it!

GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

VexedAngel wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:56 pm
We went to my parents, ate lunch out at a winery they like, and visited three different cemeteries where we have family to decorate their headstones for Memorial Day...Took some pictures, one was next to an old church that was built on stacked rocks--just little pillars of rocks at each corner and in the middle. It was a nice day.

Ordered some photos the other day, they were shipped and hoping they arrive by Monday. They're fall pics--my fall stuff won't fit in its home anymore, so hoping to make a dent with three layouts' worth of goodies. Also, I got to use my pinkfresh washi and die and stamp set last night (first time I've used one like that) to make three mother's day cards, and had enough leftover I made a birthday card when we got back.

I hope your pictures arrive soon!  That church sounds really neat!
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1496

Post by Charleneanne »

Sue2024 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:33 pm
Charleneanne wrote:

Have a super Saturday.
You weren’t the only one up early!  Husband woke me up at 1 am.  He’d gone back to bed after leg cramps.  I flopped back into bed at 5, napped an hour.  

Usual running around today, and I hope to do some scrapping tomorrow.

Lol. I took a 2 hour nap from 3:30-5:30 and then my boys came by at 6 and took me out to dinner a day early for Mother’s Day. They just left . A Good evening but a two hour nap might mean I’ll b up half the night. lol
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:19 pm
Hola cherries! Managed to sleep in this morning -- 8:15am! And to go to bed at 10:30pm, that is very late for me. But I guess I needed the rest. Tossed/turned quite a bit which is very odd for me. But I'm thinking it was the food from dinner last night. We had plans to go to our fave mexican restaurant but they were closed. We didn't want to go into town, and didn't want a burger or pizza or Chinese or BBQ. So we went further down and went to a new mexican restaurant that just opened up a few months ago. They were busy and packed. Ugh..never mind. Not the greatest. I mean, not the worst either..but we won't go there again. The salsa was weak. DH ordered fajitas and the onions were still raw. The rice and beans had no flavor...and they were dry too. At least my chicken enchiladas were decent. So yeah...eh. I didn't experience any issues with my stomach or anything...just the food sat on us.

Already did laundry and made a batch of eggs for the week. Vacuumed my office and cleaned up my desk a bit. A co-worker of DH's swung by to pick up our old but very gently used air fryer. She just got moved into an apt a few weeks ago and is "needing stuff". DH bought me a brand new one for my bday back in January, so our old one is just sitting on a shelf in the pantry. It's small but works great. We only spent $30 on it 9 years ago and I only used it to cook frozen french fries. So yeah, almost new. She's excited and I'm glad we could help.

The SWAP Box showed up yesterday so spent some time digging thru it. OMG....it was sooo packed. I took pics of what I took and will post later. I repacked it and took pics of what I put in there. Our PO closes at noon on Saturdays so I'll just go over there first thing Monday morning. But its ready!

I also opened up my NSD package that showed up Wednesday. Lots of school papers/embellies. :)

Managed to finish up the Progressive Challenge. I really love how this came out. Louise is sooo clever to come up with a challenge like this. So unique

I now need to clean up around here....between my NSD order and the SWAP BOX stuff, and then the items I left out for the Progressive challenge, etc....can't really see my table! 😂

Hope y'all have a great day.
I love how this came out Brandy! Yes her progressive layout challenge is so clever!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:

My layout:

Kristin's layout:

Beautiful layout Laura and a great lift of Kristin's gorgeous layout!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:

This is so stinkin' cute!!! I just love all those photos and the word art! Such a great take on the challenge!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”