Tools of the Trade (printers)

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Tools of the Trade (printers)

Post by Art_Teacher »

My current printer is an Epson R1800 wide format printer. I can print 12 x 12 on it. I love the color cartridges that are individual, so when I run out of yellow, I just buy a yellow cartridge. I also love the print quality and the size! It seems to print well on a variety of papers, even some HP paper I had.

What type of printer do you have? Do you love it? Hate it? A little of both?
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Re: Tools of the Trade (printers)

Post by Firegems »

I have an Epson R300 and I Just LOVE my printer. It prints a ton of photos with out guzzling ink down, Has 6 indiviual cartridges so I only replace the one thats out and works great on all kinds of photo papers.
Firegems
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I WON an HP photo printer (A826) at our work picnic last summer and LOVE it! How did I ever survive without being able to print photos on demand in the comfort of my home?! LOL! It prints great quality photos- just as good as Meijer or WalMart. I never even take photos out to print anymore- just do them all at home. I just cannot say how much I LOVE that thing!
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Post by davsar »

I have an HP InkJet which is okay. But I usually have my layouts printed professionally online by White House Printing and if I need little pieces for a hybrid project I send them to Kinkos.
ImageImage
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 918

Post by jcsmaestra »

I have a Canon MP830 which I love. It prints great photos, but I do sometimes have them printed online when I get a good deal. It has 6 ink cartridges so I only have to replace the one that runs out. The only downside to this printer is that it can't print 12x12. I'm thinking of replacing it with one that can.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

I love my Epson printer and would love to have a 12 x 12.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

I have the Epson R1800 too and absolutely love it!
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I have the HP Deskjet 9800 wide format printer. I hate it!!! It's a lemon. HP support is useless, too.

It will print on 12x12, but you have to jump through hoops and define a new size of paper to it. It will also only print borderless on photo paper, so if you print on cardstock the colors are slightly off because it thinks it's photo paper. It doesn't print good on anything other than HP brand paper either. And HP does not make many papers larger than letter size - just a regular lightweight paper and a few photo papers in what's called "Super B" size.

The colors have been slightly off from day 1. I have a picture of Melody (black cocker spaniel) that it has always printed as a chocolate brown dog. Didn't matter what kind/brand of paper or what settings. I even went back to a scan of the photo from 10+ years ago that was done on a different computer and scanner. Still brown.

Then in the spring the colors went totally south. Pink prints as red. I couldn't get into HP's online live support. It kept saying I didn't have a printer hooked up to my computer! And then when I tried to manually enter the model and serial number it said it wasn't valid. Email support was useless. They kept on telling me to run the same test again or to go buy new cartridges at $35 a pop!

Anybody want this lemon? Just come and get it!!! As soon as I get the money I'm getting an Epson.
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I just bought a new HP photosmart c6300 and so far I love it. It prints beautiful photos and it has individual cartridges.
ImageImage 

Janedee
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 90

Post by Janedee »

I have an Epson Stylus 1400 and love it - great quality and the ink seems to last way longer than my Canon cartridges did.
Jane
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

I have a Lexmark P1625 that I won at CKU years ago - LOVE it!! Photo quality prints better than a pro studio - with HP Premium photo stock. My only complaint is that it is 8.5x11 - but I manage !
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

I am just a HP kind of person. WE have had other printer, but I have never liked the print quility.
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

I love my HP. My current printer is an HP Photosmart 8250 with the 6 ink cartridges. It prints beautifully. With any printer, make sure you set the print settings appropriatly to what you are printing, ie: photo, document, printable project. And alsways use good quality paper for printing photos or digital/hybrid projects.

I prefer glossy photo paper for photos and layouts. I've found matte photo paper looks good with hybrid printable projects. Occasionally I'll print on white cardstock weight printer paper, but that is for a quick card, poster or school project.
Image Image
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

Cannon inkjet for anything bigger than 4x6 and my epson picture mate for 4x6 and smaller. Love both. when I get a 12x12 printer it will probably be an epson as well.
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

I've always had HPs and I have loved every one of them. My Deskjet 970 has always printed out fabulous photos, and still does. I just got an HP Photosmart B8550 that prints 12 x 12. I haven't had a chance to do any large format prints yet, but I love the quality. I'm just working on getting the settings right because it seems to be putting too much red in the photos. Soon as I get that straight I'll be doing my first Photo Book with it on the double-sided photo paper. Can't wait!

Image Image Image Image

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one. And if any of you ever buys it, know that you have been warned! It is a pain in the a--! When I can get it to print pics they are very nice, but getting it to print is a trial that Job would not have passed!
Bibi
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5437

Post by Retiree3 »

I have 3 HP Printers. One is an all in one, the second one is just a plain printer, and the last one is a photo printer. I like them all, but I do wish I had one that would print 12x12 pages. One of these days I'll get one.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

I had a wide format printer but sold it as I found I was not using it as much as I thought I would. I have a Cannon all in one and do like that as the photo print quality is wonderful. And, the cartridges are replaceable individually also.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

I have three printers. A Brother all-in-one that was a gift which I use for all my regular paper printing, scanning, and faxing. Then I have two Epsons - a PictureMate 260 which I absolutely love. Prints on 4x6 paper, but you can do collages on that size paper when you use an SD card in the printer. When printing from the web (or your computer) directly to the printer, only 4x6 will print. The last one is an Epson Stylus R280 which came free when I bought a camera from Best Buy a couple of years ago. It is a great print, but the ink can be pricey. Also, the largest size that it will print is 8.5x11, I would have preferred 12x12. Oh, well.
Laurie

MarthaT
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by MarthaT »

We have an HP all in one and it works really well
ImageImage

Return to “Digital Talk”